Tuesday 27 June 2017

Ian's observations on daily life

TFL Hybrid buses

I don't understand the benefit of TFL Hybrid buses, they only travel about 5 metres before the engine cuts in. Given the cost of manufacture and the impact of disposing of worn batteries on the environment, I would have thought a better solution would be simple start stop technology.

New Thameslink trains.

I'm travelling on one of the new Thameslink trains, as I have done for a few occasions now. Now that the novelty of having new trains has worn off I'm starting to see some of the issues.
There are no tables either on the seat backs or free standing. More importantly there are no power sockets, not even any USB ports. Also the information displays more often than not, are showing default information, rather than real time. Not good for new trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment